Building on the transformative experience from the inaugural 2017 conference on restorative justice, Nepal Institute of Justice is pleased to announce calls for presentations for its second edition for 2018.
The theme of 2018 edition is “Mainstreaming Restorative Justice” and will be held in Kathmandu (Nepal) from November 24-25, 2018.
The Second Nepal Conference on Restorative Justice aims to bring together practitioners and scholars working in the field of restorative justice (and allied areas) to discuss and explore ways to mainstream restorative justice principles in our respective justice systems. It will also explore whether and how we should build pathways for a wider (regional or global) movement of restorative justice.
We welcome panels and papers for the conference mainly, but not limited to, in the following areas:
- Mainstreaming restorative justice
- Criminal justice, juvenile justice, prison reform/abolition
- Transitional justice, historical dialogues, conflict transformation
- Applying restorative justice to address problems of the day
- Domestic violence, sexual abuse
- Violent extremism, radicalization
- Restorative justice as a (global) movement
- Strategizing and building partnerships across spaces
- Potentials and challenges
To submit a proposal, please email an abstract of no more than 300 words to NIJ Conference Committee at email@example.com. Please include your brief bio and contact addresses along with the abstracts.
Deadline for submission of abstracts: 15 August 2018
Registration fee: USD 15 (or 1500 Nepalese Rupees). Participants are expected to cover their travel and accommodation expenses for the conference.